DSPRelated.com Job Board
Job Openings for DSP Engineers
At Universal Audio we're passionate about music. Our mission is to inspire musicians and become the way that music is made. Our products are steeped in craftsmanship and are highly regarded in our industry for quality and innovation.
Do you enjoy coding, math, and music and do you want to directly affect thousands of people making music? We’re looking for someone with experience writing mission-critical C++ code who is interested in making great audio products. Understanding of DSP algorithms, optimization techniques, and consistent coding style is critical on this team.
- Optimizing and maintaining DSP algorithms while preserving audio fidelity
- Taking audio plugins through the last mile of productization and ensuring that the details necessary for a quality product have been addressed
- Occasional work advancing our SDK and contributing to our unit-test and automated test initiatives
- Supporting the evolution of our code and tools to enable products in new areas and on new platforms
- 5-10 years C++ experience including object-oriented design patterns and templates
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing techniques and algorithms
- Knowledge of CPU architectures, optimization strategies, and math skills
- Experience working on and shipping a commercial software application
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and Test-Driven Development techniques
-Experience developing and debugging on Mac OSX and/or Linux and/or Windows
- Experience working in real-time processes with multi-threaded considerations
- Working knowledge of version control software (like Git) and branch management
- Musical interests. Do you play an instrument or create computer music? Maybe you are a student of music history? We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for teammates that share our passion.
- Experience with audio plug-in development (JUCE, VST, AAX, AudioUnits)
- Experience with assembly programming
- Experience with Python and script-driven automated testing
- Experience with Jira and/or Agile Development
- Familiarity with music creation software
- Experience with UA products
MS degree in Electrical Engineering, CS, or Math preferred. BS possibly acceptable with additional experience
Go to UA's career page and scroll down. Click on "See All Open Positions" and then look for this job title.