DSPRelated.com Job Board
Job Openings for DSP Engineers
KEF is acknowledged world wide as a leading manufacturer of high end loudspeakers and hi-fi systems. Founded in 1961, the company is one of the few in the field that both develops and manufactures its own technology: cabinets, drivers, software and most electronics. We pride ourselves on our technical excellence and innovation, producing many patents and papers over the years.
KEF shares its research facility with its sister company, Celestion International, a leader in the field of OEM drive units for guitar and PA. This allows both brands to benefit from advanced tools and technologies that are the envy of rivals around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer with passion for audio and music to join our R&D team on a permanent basis. This is a challenging and varied position with room to grow technically. If you want to have your signature on products that are sold worldwide and earn international awards, this is your chance.
Maidstone, Kent, UK ( can discuss some flexibility)
Bsc / Msc in a relevant field: Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, Physics, or similar
- Competitive salary DOE
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- 25 days holidays + public holidays
- Flexible working week
- Career pathway and development plan tailored to your aspirations.
- Devops : maintain some IT infrastructure (jenkins, redmine, svn, ubuntu server, …) and help improve current automation processes (20 50%).
- Develop internal desktop applications in Java and Matlab that aid in loudspeaker design.
- Maintain and create embedded C++ code for DSP chips, including audio algorithms.
- Devops experience on a professional environment or open source project.
- Version control: you have created and maintained a repo used by multiple users. Experience solving conflicts.
- Embedded: experience writing and reviewing C/C++ code for a DSP or MCU, ideally from Analog Devices.
- Digital Signal Processing: formal training and practical knowledge of processing techniques.
- Experience writing and reviewing object orientated code on Java, C++ or similar, ideally C++11 or above.
- Used Matlab and/or Python (Scipy Numpy libraries).
- Personal interest in using computers creatively, i.e to create or record music or video.
- Computing: high level of general computer literacy on either Windows or Linux.
Extra points if you have:
- Developed apps for Android / iPhone (either professionally or as a hobby).
- Understanding of mathematics and physics . Double points if directly related to acoustics
- Experience working with (or creating!) audio devices and / or systems
- A big plus if you are a command line ninja and like scripting your way out of your repetitive tasks.
- Any electronics skills: can read schematics and/or design a PCB.
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance. As such, many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations until we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone). These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted.
KEF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Please, send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org